Apply to the Summer School on Thermochronology
To provide in the field measurement, data processing and modelling to a maximum of 40 participants, free of charges, in English. Possible distance learning (zoom) for Monday 8 and Tuesday 9 lectures.
Post-docs, doctoral students, and master students especially for those whose projects include the acquisition and/or processing and/or interpretation of this type of data. Researchers, students, technicians, and engineers from different laboratories to discover or complete their knowledge in the field of low-temperature dating.
Monday 8th, January 2024 (Classroom lectures)
- 09:00-10:30h. U-Pb chronometric system: Principle and applications to non-conventional minerals
- 11:00-12:30h. Thermochronology of fission tracks and (U-Th)/He: principles and applications
- 14:00-15:30h. (U-Th)/He geochronology of supergene oxides
- 16:00-18:00h. OSL/ESR and cosmogenic isotopes: principles and applications
Tuesday 9th, January 2024 (Classroom courses)
- 09:00-11:00h. Modelling thermochronological data: HeFTy vs QTQt
- 11:30-12:30h. Installation of software on participants' computers.
- 14:00-18:00h. Processing fission track, (U-Th)/He, and U-Pb data
Wednesday, 10th January 2024 (Field trip)
- 09:00-19:00h. Sampling strategy according to the techniques used and the geological context
Thursday 11th and Friday 12th, January 2024 (Practical modelling)
- 09:00-18:00h. Introduction to the use of QTQt and HeFTy
Institut de recherche pour le développement (France), Réseau Géochimique et Expérimental Français (France), Geology Department, Universidad de Chile (Chile) and Géosciences Environnement Toulouse (France).
- Dr. Stephanie Brichau (IRD, GET, Departamento de Geología - Universidad de Chile)
- Dr. Richard Ketcham (Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas at Austin)
- Dr. Cécile Gautheron (Univ. Grenoble Alpes, ISTerre)
- Dr. Marc Poujol (Géosciences Rennes, Université de Rennes)
- Dr. Pierre Valla (CNRS, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, ISTerre)
How to apply
- Submit a CV and a covering letter of no more than one page indicating the reasons for applying.
- Priority will be given to candidates using thermochronology in their research project.
- Send applications to Dr. Stephanie Brichau (email@example.com) before October 1st, 2023.
- For further information, please contact Dr. Stephanie Brichau (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Publicado el martes 22 de agosto de 2023